Wednesday, September 19, 2012

lunch-ables: honey lime flatbread pizza

Having been pizza deprived for almost the past two years[with my husband being lactose-intolerant AND being a calorie loader], when my husband suggested we get some flatbread from Costco I jumped at the chance of making me some pizza at home without having to make my own dough. The best part about making your pizza is that you can pretty much put anything your heart desires. 

The yummiest part of this pizza is this honey lime vinaigrette that I found online: http://www.fortheloveofcooking.net/2009/07/grilled-corn-avocado-and-tomato-salad.html
[by the way this corn, avocado & tomato salad is a crowd pleaser too]

Recipe: Flatbread Pizza
Serves 1
[Today I made it a veggie pizza with zucchini, bell peppers, tomatoes, and chihuahua cheese.]

You'll need:
1 FlatOut Flatbread Multi Grain with Flax
1 cup worth of sliced veggies
1/4 cup of any cheese 
-1/4 cup honey lime vinaigrette
-splash of olive oil
-2 tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped

Preheat conventional oven to 350F. Chop all your veggies and set them aside. Once the oven is ready, put the flatbread in the oven for about 7 minutes. 

Pout the honey lime vinaigrette on a heated pan and add the chopped veggies. Sprinkle the veggies with some salt and pepper and let the veggies sauté. Pull out the flatbread and spray on olive oil  and sprinkle the cheese onto it. Now, stick it in the oven for about 3-5 more minutes. 

Once the cheese is all melted, top it with the sauteed veggies and fresh cilantro [I forgot them today]

my next pizza journey:


breakfast-pizza1.jpg
enjoy your personal pizza!
::elle.

No comments:

Post a Comment